Friday, November 7, 2008

Web research

Doing a bit of research tonight.

Interesting things I have found:

1. The ASPCA
They have fabulous lesson plans for teachers on animals (I think this will come in handy for my thesis)
http://www.aspca.org/site/PageServer?pagename=edu_lessonplans

Fun interactive game called "Woof'
http://www.aspca.org/doghouse/main.html

They List Bad Video Games for Animals
Acclaim’s Fur Fighters
Sony’s Ape Escape 2
Sunstorm Interactive’s Deer Hunter

Questionable Animal Video Games
Microsoft’s popular Zoo Tycoon (they are worried that kids will think that animals are happy in aquariums or zoos)

2. Freepoverty.com








This website donates water as you learn geography. One thing that was odd, the water non-profit they were donating to (WaterAid), asked them to stop because the "cup of water metaphor" was not sustainable enough. That blows my mind, a nonprofit turning money down. Talk about a gift horse.

I emailed my bosses suggesting we offer to make the Freepoverty.com a "water documentary". I am sure we could embrace the "cup of water" metaphor.

No comments: