Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Finished the rough cut!

I just finished making a bunch of DVDs to send to my professors in Montana. Feels good to have that off my back. Now I can head home for my vacation without that worry. We'll see if we can cope with an Oklahoma summer.

Here's a screen grab of the DVD menu. I did two compressions exactly the same way. For some reason the nested version that had the timecode generator filter... did wacky/terrible things to the resolution. Anyone know why? I didn't have time to figure out why, so I came up with a work around. I am giving my professors two versions. One at good quality for their viewing enjoyment, and one with burned in timecode that looks like I filmed everything with a single-chip camera. My professors only need the timecode to tell me at what time in the show they have suggestions, revisions, and unsolicited praise (I hope).

No comments: