Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Example of animatic

Here's a segment of an email from one of the animators that contacted me. I don't think he was a student. I think he was hoping I had a budget. But he gave me some great tips:

Animatics consists of drawing only keyframes which make out the basic movements of an animation or character. Basically, where the character will be drawn first and where the character will end (Two Frames). You can add more frames which will create a choppy animation that is still considered a animatic. You can use any production style program to create animatics; Preferably, Final Cut Pro. Using the tweening in this program works for animatics. There is a excellent example of a animatic film called, "Dick Richards: Private Dick".



Do I hand draw? Use a toy? Make one out of paper? Or do a combination?

No comments: